Totem Automobili, an Italian start-up in the restomodcar segment, announces the launch of its first handcrafted luxury vehicle: the Totem GT electric. With its sensual design, electric heart and sporty soul the new GT electric is an handcrafted timeless restoration of the glorious Alfa Romeo Giulia GT 1600/1750 of the 60’.
The GT electric has been projected by Riccardo Quaggio, an Italian automotive designer, founder of Totem Automobili and conceived with a redesigned silhouette in carbon fiber, an electric motor and state-of-art technology. It took threeyears of intense team working, craftsmanship, engineering development and tests to bring the iconic car to a level never experienced before to provide classic car lovers the best Italian vintage car thought for the future.
Extraordinary performance is the result of a substantial restoration:
- Only 10% of the original chassiswas maintained and coupled to new aluminum suspensions exceptionally produced for the car.
- At the front Totem evoked the competitive fame of the Giulia GTam making it 180mm wider
- The classic fuel engine was substituted by an electric motor, able to grant an unparalleled power, a longer duration and a green vision.
- The external panels have been stripped and unmounted and the frame was finely tuned and stiffened by hand to grant the significant power increase from the original 192bhp to 518bhp.
- A reinforcement with roll-cage adherent to the external bodywas studied to add stability and resistance to the new powertrain.
- Mid rear motor, located along the drive axles, suits the driving experience thanks to our DNA system.
- McFly technology, by our partner 2electron, allows to generate realistic and potentially endless performance, sound and vibration packages; the sensations of endothermic motors are perceived in a completely new and always different driving experience, designed by the customer's wishes. This is the first world electric car with “tailor made” engine, totally customizable: power band, engine torque, gear ratios, vibration and sound releases by 13 special external speakers, all Italian handmade.
The meticolous study of the exterior and interior design have been executed to dramatically intensify the driving experience and stimulate five senses. GT electric owner may create a bespoke version and the website allows to simulate a tailor made Grand Tourer.
GT electric exterior is characterized by a curvy shape inspired by the charme of the original silhouette, sophisticated details recalling the superb past of the legendary car and innovative features:
- External body reconstructed entirely in carbon fiber
- The roof drip molding was removed
- Headlights in LED technology inspired by rally cars
- A carbon front grille embellished with geometric patterns
- New LED tail lights and two large extractors
The interior benefits from numerous exclusive details:
- New designed carbon fiber and genuine leather seatsrecalling the race world and the notorious 1750 Giulia GT seats
- Door armrests in wood covered with leather
- Seats and pedals are designed according to the body shape
- A sport and stylish reinterpretation of the Hellebore by Momo steering wheel
- A closer position of the steering wheel and legs more stretched guarantee an agile and sporty driving experience
- Mechanical handbreak to offer driving pleasure
The dashboard recalls the vintage personality of the Alfa Giulia GT. The gauges, two digital displays enclosed in carbon fiber rings, come in the classic round shape and match the air vents, both influenced by its sporty past. The grand tourer comes standard with an antitheft system and electrically controlled windows, new 400v heating, air-conditioning system and keyless ignition.
A modern car infotainmentdesigned in vintage style provides an exceptional audio system uniquely created for GT electric by Audio Development to experience the highest audio quality possible.